Sunday, March 4, 2012

In the Garden: Starting from Seeds

There maybe several centimetres of fresh snow on the ground but I am beginning to notice the first signs of spring. It is now light out when I leave for work in the morning and when I leave work at the end of the day. And most importantly...


There is still twelve weeks until we will be able to start planting outside but this past weekend I decided to start the tomato seeds.




Once again this year we will be growing:

Pineapple

Green Zebra

Federle

Purple Cherokee

Speckled Roman

Orange Banana

Ida Gold

We had so much success with the heirloom tomato seeds from Tree & Twig, that I couldn't resist ordering more. So this year we will also be trying:

Clear Pink

Garden Peach

Yellow Ping Pong

Beefsteak

Black Plum

With our interior renovation slowly coming to an end, we have big plans for the backyard and garden this year. I can't wait to get outside and get my hands in the dirt!

  Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...